As countless school boards and teachers are using the Zoom app to conduct board meetings and hold class discussions via videoconference, these meetings can be hacked!
Zoom recommends the following steps:
- Do not make online meetings or class sessions public. In Zoom, there are two options to make a meeting private: require a meeting password or use the waiting room feature and control the admittance of guests.
- Do not share a link to a teleconference on an unrestricted publicly available social media post. Provide the link directly to specific people.
- Manage screen sharing options. In Zoom, change screen sharing to “Host Only.”
- Ensure users are using the most recent version of Zoom.
- Do not post pictures of your virtual class on social media or elsewhere online.