Bryant Asset Insurance Consulting, a division of Bryant Asset Protection, Inc., provides independent consulting services to New York State school districts, private schools, BOCES, and colleges. Our sole job is to provide the most competitive pricing environment with an independent coverage review, enabling you to realize the best price in the marketplace for the broadest coverage. We help you fulfill your fiduciary duty for spending tax dollars for insurance in the most judicious basis. Conflicts of interest can arise within the current agency structure to handle the RFP process and it is too time-consuming and requires too much expertise for you to handle internally.
Bryant Asset Insurance Consulting’s original affiliation was with New York State School Boards Association (NYSSBA) who approached us to provide this service to their members. BOCES also realized the benefit to its component school districts for an independent review and competitive bidding environment so a CoSer was developed for this service.
Bryant Asset Insurance Consulting for New York State School Districts
This expert review delivers results you need. Here’s why….
- Periodic insurance examinations help the board and school leaders better understand the current coverages and identify areas of uncovered risk, leading to better protection and risk management.
- Districts often realize significant financial savings and enhanced insurance coverage when subjecting their insurance program to rigorous review and independent based consulting bidding process.
- This service will help your District comply with its fiduciary responsibility to maintain the highest standards of fiscal management and responsibility regarding insurance.
- On average, school districts have saved 18% over prior year premiums – while often staying with the same agent and carrier.
What does this comprehensive process include?
- A complete review of adequacy of current coverage.
- A review of school risk profile, loss or claim patterns and fixed asset inventory.
- A review of staff and student data.
- Update district data with impact on coverage.
- Prepare and disseminate a Request for Proposal (RFP) and associated documents to bidders.
- Receive, review, evaluate and score proposals from the bidders.
- Prepare and deliver final report with recommendations to the board and district staff.
How will the District benefit?
- Compliance with New York State’s Competitive Bidding requirements.
- Minimal time commitment from school business officials while still providing a full Property & Casualty Insurance RFP.
- Independent update of statistics and data affecting premium costs.
- Independent review of current policy coverage levels
- Preparation of a comprehensive Request for Proposal (RFP) for your insurance quotes from multiple companies.
- Professional evaluation of proposals with a third-party scoring.
- Potential for savings in premiums and broader coverage.
Steven A. Tommasone ~ Town Supervisor ~ Town of Rotterdam, NY
Steven A. Tommasone | Town Supervisor | Town of Rotterdam, NY
Chris Abdoo ~ Burnt Hills-Ballston Lake CSD ~ Burnt Hills, NY
Chris Abdoo | Burnt Hills-Ballston Lake CSD | Burnt Hills, NY
Bill Hogan ~ City School District of Albany, NY
Bill Hogan | City School District of Albany | Albany, NY
Laura Newman ~ Commack UFSD ~ Northport, NY
Laura Newman | Commack UFSD | Northport, NY
Mark M, CFO ~ Onondoga Community College, NY
Mark M, CFO | Onondoga Community College | Onondaga, NY
Thomas Reardon ~ Wynantskill UFSD, NY
Thomas Reardon | Wynantskill UFSD | Wynantskill, NY
Robert S. Schneider COO ~ New York State School Boards Association
Robert S. Schneider COO | New York State | School Boards Association
Joe Barretta ~ Assistant Superintendent of Business ~ Clinton Central School District
“Recently Clinton Central School District contracted with Bryant Asset Protection Inc. to assist administration in reviewing a Request for Proposal (RFP) for property and casualty insurance. Jeff Bryant and his team were very professional, provided us with an exceptional level of service and helped us understand the complex insurance proposals that were presented to the District. Their report was comprehensive, organized and easy to follow. I highly recommend Bryant Asset Protection Inc. to assist in providing a comprehensive insurance analysis to any school district or municipality.”
Joe Barretta | Assistant Superintendent of Business | Clinton Central School District